Known for the many apple orchards in the area, Henderson County is ranked seventh in the U.S. for apple production. We had to try Burntshirt Vineyards‘ showcase Apple Wine for a unique taste of the area. We enjoyed the light and fruity blend. The slightly dry finish surprised us as we were expecting something a bit sweeter. It did lend itself to the same tartness that lingers on the palate after biting into a crisp apple.
What they say: Our Apple Wine is a blend of our local Henderson County apples. Aromas reminiscent of apple tart, which picks up with acidity that is pleasantly balanced with an off-dry finish.
- Food Pairing: quiche, savory croissant sandwiches, frittata
- Cheese Pairing: Baked Brie
- Produced from 100% Henderson County apples
- Apple varietals: Red Delicious, Golden Delicious, Rome, Cripps Pink, Granny Smith, and Fuji
- 2014 Apple Wine is a Silver Award Winner
- Tasting Times:
- Sunday–Thursday: 12:00 pm – 6:00 pm
- Friday–Saturday: 12:00 pm – 7:00 pm
- Tasting Locations:
- Tasting Room
- Patio with Vineyard Views
Until our next glass…
Go local. Drink Carolinas. 🍷